Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I recently reached an agreement to sale 30% of the corporation I worked and partially owned as part of my severance package. I'm unclear as to the type of reporting that is required given that the company is a C Corporation. Is a 1099 or W-2 form issued? Or some other form?


Expert Joseph Caplan's Answer:

If I understand you right, is the company giving you 30% of the company as part of your severance? If so, this will be reported on the w-2.

Joseph Caplan, CPA

New York

9 yrs experience

  • Currently 4.0000/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
14 Ans.