Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I have had a sole proprietorship for a number of years. I am planning on changing to a S-corp. Can I re-file my taxes for past years as a S-corp?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

As a sole proprietorship, you would not be able to retroactively file as an S Corporation. There are late election relief provisions pursuant to revenue proclamation 2013-30, but that doesn't apply to a sole proprietorship.

Please note that you must incorporate and file Form 2553 by March 15, 2015 to elect to be taxed as an S Corporation for the 2015 tax year.

References: IRS Revenue Proclamation 2013-30
State: MA

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.