Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I live in Massachusetts but work in Rhode Island. I was asked if I would like to submit a Massachusetts withholding form or just have Massachusetts reflect my change in Rhode Island and federal. What would be the difference between the two options?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

If you are a MA resident, you owe MA tax, on your taxable income, regardless of where

you work. Thus, you should have MA, not RI, taxes withheld. Your federal withholdings

will be the same, in either venue.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.