Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I amended my 2008 tax return last September to utilize the first time homebuyer tax credit and still to date have not received my tax refund. If I am currently in default with my student loans, could they keep my tax refund or would they enforce it on my


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

It is possible; but, only if the student loan is owed to a federal agency. Otherwise,

the student loan delinquency is not subject to levy by the IRS. If the delinquent loan is

subject to levy, you will receive written notice from the Treasury Department's Financial

Management Service [FMS] unit.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.