Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I received an audit notice from the Massachusetts DOR. Apparently in 2006, I accidentally filed my taxes incorrectly in that I lived in Massachusetts and worked in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. I claimed all the income I made for the Rhode Island tax r


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

As a MA citizen, you were obligated to report all of your income on

your MA return. You may file a RI non-resident return, and claim

a 100% refund of any RI taxes that you paid. Update your payroll

withholdings, so that only MA taxes are withheld, from your compensatiion.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.