Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I am retired, over sixty, and I have money invested in a CD but I need money for medical and personal expenses. Am I allowed to take the money out of the CD during open enrollment and move to savings accounts without paying money to the IRS?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

Yes: this savings transfer, from the CD, to a savings account, is not a

taxable transaction.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.