Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


A family member is giving me money towards my down payment on my house, do I have to claim it on my income taxes?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

No. You are supposed to report the gift on a separate gift

tax return [form 709]. The annual gift tax exclusion amount

is $13,000, per donee; and the current life time gift tax

exemption amount = $1M.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.