Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


My children filed a tax return online and forgot to check the box stating that someone else can claim them on their tax return as a dependent. What should they and I do?


Expert Neda Tafreshi's Answer:

Your child can amend his or her tax return and file an amended tax return. This is very simple and can be done using a tax software program available on the market. His/Her taxes due or refund will be adjusted accordingly.

Neda Tafreshi, CPA

New York

8 yrs experience

  • Currently /5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
5 Ans.