Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I work as an Independent Contractor and I am single and own a house. My income has fallen in comparison to the last two years. My income may only tip at about $40,000 for 2009. How much taxes will I have to pay come April 2010? I live in Buffalo, New Yo


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

You will report your business income, andexpenses, on Schedule C, of

your Foem 1040. Your standard deduction amount is $5,700, and your exemption

amount is $3,650. So if you have no other deductions, your estimated taxable income

is: $30,650. Thus, your estimated tax liability is: $4,178.75.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.