Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


My father died in May 2011 and we filed the tax return in February and the Will is now in probate and the assets will be distributed in 2012. We're wondering what we need to file for 2012?


Expert Neda Tafreshi's Answer:

An estate tax return, form 706 may be needed to be filed within 9 months of date of death if his estate was valued at least $5,000,000. Therefore, by February of 2012 the estate return or an extension to file should have be filed by now. If none of the above has been done, I recommend you to speak with a tax advisor as soon as possible and take action accordingly.

Neda Tafreshi, CPA

New York

8 yrs experience

  • Currently /5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
5 Ans.