Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to Withholding Tax


Related User


What if your employer took out 6.2% instead of the 4.2% in social security taxes for the whole year of 2011. How do I get my money back?


Expert Marc Groman's Answer:

When you file your 1040 you will show the over withholding as extra tax paid on the tax payment section at the bottom of page 2

Marc Groman, CPA

New Jersey

38 yrs experience

  • Currently /5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
9 Ans.