Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I forgot to deduct a charitable contribution of two motor vehicles in 2008. I couldn't find the paperwork at tax time but now I have it. Do I file an amendment or can I carry them over to 2009?


Expert Wray Rives's Answer:

 Corrections to your return for transactions that happened in prior year require the taxpayer to file an amended (1040X) return for the year that needs to be changed.

Wray Rives, CPA


29 yrs experience

  • Currently 4.8333/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
52 Ans.