Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


My father has property in maryland. He wants to refinance it but he's non us resident, he's canadian. Can he use his canadian earnings for proof of income?


Expert Thomas Graham iii's Answer:

This will depend on the bank. I'm fairly positive that most larger banks wouldn't have a problem using a Canadian income tax return or a Canadian W-2 to verify income. I wouldn't see why it would be any less trustworthy than an American income tax return or an American W-2.

Thomas Graham iii, CPA, CFE


7 yrs experience

  • Currently 5.0000/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
78 Ans.