Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


If you used your credit card to make a payment to a service provider in 2010, do you have to issue a 1099-misc to that services provider? I know that in 2011 the credit card company will have the new regulation to report under but I'm wondering if I still need to issue a 1099-misc form?


Expert Michael Guarnieri's Answer:

 Yes!  You must report on a 1099 any payments for $600 or more to a non-corporate entity (llc, llp, lp, individual)

Michael Guarnieri, CPA

New York

10 yrs experience

  • Currently 5.0000/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
9 Ans.