Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


How do I determine who I need to send a 1099 form to as far as corporations, PCs, PLCs, LLPs, LLCs, etc. I don't think I have to report some of those, but I don't know which ones.


Expert Michael Guarnieri's Answer:

1099s must be issues to non-corporate entities that you paid $600 or more in the tax year.  (LLCs, PLLCs, LLPs, Individuals).  Basically, any company that has the designation "Inc." after the name, you do not have to issue a 1099. 

Michael Guarnieri, CPA

New York

10 yrs experience

  • Currently 5.0000/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
9 Ans.